The small butterfly-shaped gland present near the neck region is known as the Thyroid gland. Like any part of the body thyroid gland also undergoes the attack and sufferings sometime. When it is down with the illness, it takes a day off from its work. As you know its work is, to secrete the thyroid hormones in normal levels. We are supervened with the thyroid disorders. Thyroid disorders are of various types. These disorders include Hashmitos thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Thyroid gland nodules, and Goiters. I think you will have an explicit intro on why Yoga for Thyroid and weight loss is able to drag on as a big public hit, after reading this article on ‘yoga for thyroid patients’.
The most fascinating thing, people are not dumb to rely on yoga, because of lack of awareness on the recent developments in the thyroid medications. So, why are people lured towards the yoga for thyroid even when other alternatives are readily available. It is because of the effectiveness of yoga for thyroid patients that makes a difference. We can’t yet say that yoga can completely replace the thyroid hormone replacement therapy or thyroid prescriptions. But treating hypothyroidism with diet and exercise can take you in a better way in the treatment of thyroid problems when this yoga for thyroid exercise is added to medications and diet.
Therefore, We can say that Yoga can be beneficial for both Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism. So, Let us go for Yoga For Thyroid Problems separately for these both cases.
Yoga For Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a condition due to the excess of thyroid hormone (T3 & T4) level in our body. In addition to the highly active metabolism, we also face the surprising weight loss. We know that doing exercise can change the body and the way it functions. So, yoga for curing thyroid is the best option as a side dish but bit the whole course.
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana)
- Cat Stretch (Marjariasana)
- Child Pose (Shishuasana)
- Corpse Pose (Shavasana)
- Plow Pose (Halasana)
Fast fact: Which one of the following chemicals does the body generate during regular exercise?
A: The answer to this question is Endorphins.
Hypothyroidism is one of the thyroid problems. It arises due to the underactive thyroid gland i.e low T3 & T4 Hormones and High TSH Levels. People with this ailment complaint of weight gain due to poor metabolism. Yoga for hypothyroid is a good path to relax your muscles and lighten the mood. The yoga exercises for thyroid especially when it is an underactive thyroid, the following poses are the best match. This yoga for thyroid can be used as a daily workout plan for weight loss and as thyroid stimulating exercise.
- Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
- Inverted Pose (Viparita Karani)
- One-Legged Forward Bend (Janu Shirasasana)
- Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
Does exercise help hypothyroidism?
Yes, hypothyroidism and exercise are a good pair. With a cool daily workout plan to lose weight it is a matter of a few months to lose some heavy pounds. The daily 30 min workout plan tones your muscles, calves, and abs all the while keeping up your energy and burning your excess calories stored due to the underactive thyroid weight loss.
Yoga for Thyroid Cure
The following yoga poses for thyroid treatment are helpful in thyroid treatment. These yoga asanas for thyroid also relieve stress and bring happiness into your lives because of the endorphins released. Yoga exercises for thyroid patients are generally designed to be less stressful and minimizing. It is due to the fact that fatigue and muscle cramps are an integral part of the symptoms of hyperthyroid and hypothyroidism. Yoga for thyroid control with the poses is mentioned below as you read by. Some of the poses on yoga for thyroid are given below for your convenience.
Sanskrit Name: Halasana
- Lie on your back with legs straight.
- Now slowly raise your legs and bend them over right over the head.
- Rest the toes slowly as shown in the picture.
- Now, Hold for 10 seconds and rest to a sleep pose. (keep the core engaged)
- Doing this 5 times a day proves to be a great Yoga for Thyroid cure.
Supported shoulder stand pose
Sanskrit Name: Sarvangasana
- Lie on the floor with your back.
- If you are a beginner, place a towel beneath your shoulders.
- Press arm on the floor and raise your lower body.
- Heave in and put all your strength and lift the legs up to shoulders.
- Place your arms on your hips as a support.
- Hold the legs and hips in a straight line for 10 seconds.
- Breathe in deeply and rest the legs.
Sanskrit Name: Bhujangasana
- Bhukangasana is one of the prominent yoga for thyroid asana, as it stimulates the throat muscles in which the thyroid gland is enclosed.
- You need to lie down with your stomach on the mat, facing toward the ground.
- Place the palms beside shoulders.
- With the support of your arms raise your upper body like a snake.
- Stretch the body and your face upwards. Breathe deeply.
- Slowly release your breath and lower yourself on to the mat.
Sanskrit Name: Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Bridge pose is a part of the yoga for thyroid, as it involves the muscles.
- This is a smooth and easy yoga asana which doesn’t strain the muscles.
- Lie on your back.
- Move the feet closer to the hips.
- Now, slowly raise your back with arms on your sides.
- Raise the hip as high as you can. (You can use palms for support.)
- Place your chin facing forwards and leaning on the chest.
- Be in the position for 5 seconds and relax before resuming it again.
Word of Advice
There are no thyroid Exercises or yoga for thyroid problem which can completely cure the Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism (or Hashimoto hypothyroidism) but it can surely, keep the symptoms under control. Before embarking on, this new no gym daily workout plan for thyroid, it is my humble request you give your health care provider a visit. This is just to ensure that nothing goes awry for you, after the advent of PCOS thyroid daily work out plan at home in your busy life. You are giving your two cents by spending your valuable time, even in your hectic schedule to the dedicated yoga for thyroid patients. So, I don’t want you guys to waste it for nothing. If you consult your health care provider and ask if these poses of yoga for thyroid suits you, then it is a huge thumbs up. If not it is better to drop them.
Check out the My Thyroid Problems to learn something more and useful about the thyroid diet, symptoms of thyroid problems and everything about it. If you like the yoga for thyroid article then share it with your friends.